Fa. Gritta Sens
– Agency for Holiday Apartments and Private Rooms –
Belforter Str. 20
The aforementioned company shall hereinafter be referred to as the accommodations office.
General Standard Terms and Conditions
Purpose and Subject Matter of Our Business Activity
The subject matter of our business activity consists in arranging for holiday apartments and rooms in Berlin and its surrounding area, Frankfurt, Freiburg, Hamburg, Munich, Leipzig, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart and Cologne. Overnight accommodation services shall be provided in the name of the respective landlords or their authorized representative(s). The accommodations office shall not provide any services of its own, but rather arranges such in the name of the respective landlords or their authorized representative(s). The host shall be solely responsible for the service provided and shall be liable for provision of the booked service as stipulated.
Any agreement shall be concluded exclusively between the landlord and the guest. The accommodations office shall not be a tour operator within the meaning of Sections 651a et seqq of the German Civil Code [BGB].
The accommodations office shall be exclusively responsible for the propriety of the agency service. Any liability shall be limited to intent and gross negligence; liability in the event of slight negligence shall be excluded. Liability in the case of disruptions due to force majeure or transmission disturbances in the communications network shall not obtain. Likewise excluded shall be any liability vis-à-vis the accommodations office for damage caused by guests. The respective landlord must receive compensation for such damage directly from the guest.
Rights and Obligations Entailed by the Lodging Agreement:
1. The lodging agreement shall be deemed as concluded as soon as an order for accommodations has been placed and confirmed in writing (as a rule via e-mail) by the accommodations office. Written confirmation is usually accompanied with a request for prepayment to the accommodations office in the amount of 25-50%. In the case of reservations at short notice payment shall be made directly to the host upon arrival. In this case the reservation confirmation shall be provided together with the address of the host.
2. The landlord shall be obliged to make the reserved premises available for the period booked. The guest shall be obliged to pay the agreed amount for the term of the contract upon arrival at the latest.
3. The guest shall be obliged to pay the host the respective statutory damages in the event of failure to take advantage of the contractually stipulated service. As a rule damages shall be the full amount less any savings. Experience has shown that the savings in the case of overnight stays amount to 10%, in the case of overnight stays/breakfast 20%, with half-board 30%, and full board 40%..
4. The host shall be obliged to immediately report any unused accommodations in order to occupy such otherwise, where possible, so that the compensation which is to be paid by the guest may be reduced.
5. As a rule any discrepancies that may arise due to a lodging agreement between the guest and the host shall also be regulated between same. Nevertheless, we ask that the accommodations office be notified in the case of problems.
6. The room prices indicated shall be final prices. Final cleaning – insofar as such is indicated by the host on the Web site – shall be separately invoiced.
7. The accommodations office shall not be liable for the accuracy of any information with regard to prices, furnishing of the accommodations, etc. provided by the respective hosts.
8. The place of jurisdiction with regard to the agency activity shall be Berlin.
Should one or more of the aforementioned provisions of these General Standard Agency Terms and Conditions be invalid in part or as a whole, then the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. Rather the respective agreements shall, if required, be applied in accordance with their respective meaning and spirit.
NOTE: For your own security we recommend cancellation insurance. If you are unable to undertake, are forced to interrupt and/or conclude your trip at a later date for good cause, e.g. because of illness or accident, then the cancellation insurance protects you against the financial consequences:
- In the case of cancellation of a booked trip and/or vacation apartment the contractually due cancellation fees shall be paid.
In the case of a premature or subsequent return journey the additional return travel costs shall be paid insofar as arrival and departure are included in the insured arrangement.
- Expenditures for unused travel services are replaced in the event that a trip is discontinued.
Berlin, on February 25, 2009
have taken great care with our translations. Translation errors can nevertheless
In the case of discrepancies between this translation and the original
German version, the German version is valid.